A five-hour session for all hotels, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. *Also available online via eTIPS.
A three-hour session for grocery, convenience and package liquor stores. *Also available online via eTIPS.
A three-hour session for stadiums, civic centers, festivals and arenas. *Also available online via eTIPS.
A five-hour session for casinos, gambling halls, racetracks and riverboats. *Also available online via eTIPS.
A two-hour session for students and faculty, on and off university and college campuses.
A two-hour session for corporations, government agencies and company-sponsored parties at work or for gatherings after work hours.
A two-hour session for senior citizens, retirement communities and social groups for the elderly.
RAMP CERTIFICATION & TiPS CERTIFICATION TRAINING:
Great News! eTIPS, an online responsible alcohol server training and certification program, was approved by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board’s Bureau of Alcohol Education (PLCB) to provide Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) server / seller training.
In Pennsylvania, all sellers and servers of alcohol must complete RAMP seller / server training within six months of being hired by a licensee unless the individual successfully completed RAMP server/seller training prior to being hired.
eTIPS is now an approved RAMP training course!
To take the PLCB approved online RAMP training for Pennsylvania or TIPS training for any other state, simply go to one of the below links to register for an online class; you must register with a PA address to get the RAMP training course, otherwise you will receive the TIPS training:
ON PREMISE: http://getti.ps/2fn7o9O
OFF PREMISE: http://getti.ps/2fndDdv
ELPS’ President, Jeff Stein, is a certified TIPS trainer – so if you or your establishments would like to have their staff TIPS trained / certified to better protect them from future liabilities please let us know.
TIPS® (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is the global leader in education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol. Proven effective by third-party studies, TIPS is a skills-based training program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving.
Over the past 35 years, TIPS has certified over 4 million participants and trainers. TIPS training is conducted in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and in over 50 different countries. Join the thousands of businesses and organizations that already enjoy the benefits of TIPS.
- Minimize property damage caused by intoxicated patrons
- Protect your bottom line by reducing penalties for alcohol violations.
- Legal Protection – In third-party liquor liability lawsuits, TIPS provides a “reasonable efforts defense.” Read more about Understanding Liability.
- Regulatory Compliance – TIPS training satisfies the requirements in most states that regulate server training. View the regulations in your state.
- Insurance Discounts – Many insurance companies provide discounts to establishments whose employees are TIPS-certified. View TIPS Verified Insurance Agencies.
- Enhanced Community Standing – TIPS leads the way in framing the debate about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness.
- Help workers avoid serving alcohol to minors
- Staff Professionalism – TIPS training enhances the skills of your employees who in turn offer improved service to your customers.
- Reduce human tragedy resulting from drunkenness and drunk driving.
There are many excellent alcohol server / seller training programs such as TIPS, TAM, BARCODE, etc. Most are nationally and internationally recognized alcohol educational programs. RAMP Alcohol Server / Seller training is the training required by the PLCB for certification due to the fact that it concentrates on PA liquor laws and regulations and any recent changes to such. Please use the online link to take your PA TIPS / RAMP training.
The Pennsylvania TiPS Certification Program is designed to encourage sellers/servers of alcoholic beverages to serve responsibly. Students will learn/acquire all the necessary knowledge and techniques required to become a responsible server/seller of alcoholic beverages. Specifically, participants will learn:
- How to spot minors
- Detect fake and altered IDs
- Stop service to visibly intoxicated customers and
- Intervention techniques to prevent alcohol-related incidents
It is not too late to schedule a TIPS session. Now is the time to think about what you can do to ensure the safety and well-being of your customers. When you serve alcohol, you know the risks:
* Risk lawsuits if you overserve.
* Risk lives if you serve a drunk driver.
* Risk your livelihood if you sell to a minor.
Act NOW to avoid risks this Season – Get Your Staff TIPS Certified.
TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is the global leader in education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol. Proven effective by third-party studies, TIPS is a skills-based training program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving.
© 2018 Health Communications, Inc.